Saturday 8 December 2012

Liebster Award

This award seems to do the rounds every few months or so (always with a new logo), and I'm glad it does because it's a great way to share and promote other blogs that people might not be aware of. I've been nominated for this award twice in the past, and technically you're supposed to have under 200 followers to be nominated, but who am I to break the Liebster chain of love and sharing? ;)


The lovely Teneil from Shades of Phoenix has nominated me (go check out her blog!). Here are the rules: 
  1. The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves.
  2. The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver.
  3. The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer.
  4. These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award.
  5. They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver).
So here we go, 11 facts about me:
  1. I'm addicted to lychee bubble tea
  2. I hate kids. I can't explain why, they just MAKE ME ANGRY.
  3. I don't own any brown polish (unless you count beige). I should probably do something about that...
  4. I performed in the opening ceremony of the 2001 Goodwill Games.
  5. I love the Star Trek Next Generation series. 
  6. Favourite Candy? Quite possibly peanut butter M&M's. They're really expensive in Australia though because they're imported from America :(
  7.  I hate seafood, with the exception of calamari and seafood sticks.
  8. Ladybugs are the only insect I'll let touch me.
  9. I'm really interested in Japanese culture. I wish some of their innovations were available in Australia.
  10. I'm really disappointed that Australia still doesn't have a Forever 21. If they ever open a store in Australia it could easily be one of the happiest days of my life.
  11.  I have tiny mouth, to the point where I've had 6 teeth pulled out to make room and I still bite my tongue :(
 My 11 questions from Teneil:
  1. What was the first nail art trend that you tried? Nail foils/stickers.
  2. Do you have any bad habits? I talk too much.
  3. Do you allow others to touch, use or borrow any of your nail polish? If I know they can be trusted with it.
  4. If you could invite one person over to do their nails (dead or alive) who would it be and why? A hand model. I think it's obvious why :p
  5. What is your BIGGEST lemming at this point in time and why haven't you got it? The OPI Yokohama Collection. I doubt I'll ever have it since it's discontinued.
  6. What is your dream job? Professional sleeper.
  7. What do you tink is a comfortable length for your nails and what has been their longest? I think the length they were in this post (minus my index finger which is a bit short) is a comfortable length. They were currently at their longest a couple of days ago before one of them broke (see this post).
  8. How many times a week do you change your nails? 2 or 3 times.
  9. Have you ever been a nail biter? If so, how and when did you stop? When I was in primary school. I don't remember how I stopped, I think it was just a gradual thing.
  10. Describe your nail art style in three words? Cute, sparkly, colourful.
  11. (Ummm Teneil you forgot the last question!) :p
11 questions for my nominated bloggers:
  1. What is your favourite current nail trend?
  2. What (in your opinion) is the biggest nail faux pas ever?
  3. Is there anything that you feel your collection of polish is lacking?
  4. If you were creating your own namesake polish, what would it look like?
  5. You're not leaving the house today. Do you stay in the your pyjamas or get dressed?
  6. Favourite holiday and why?
  7. What is your computer/phone wallpaper a picture of?
  8.  Least favourite food?
  9. Top 5 nail polish brands?
  10. Favourite mani that you've done this year?
  11. What was the last item that you bought (can be food, polish, clothing, anything!).
And finally, the 11 blogs that I'm nominating:
  1. Danielle at Totally Nailed
  2. Jas at Jas's Blingtastic Nail Blog
  3. Tasha and Laura at Lucky Lucky Lacquer
  4. Marie at Marie's Manicure Madhouse
  5. Elissa at Lissa's Polish Addiction
  6. Chantelle at A Polished Prance
  7. Kaz at Parisian Blue Sky
  8. Agnieszka at Beauty Cat Castle
  9. Natalia at Cats-n-Nails
  10. Julz at Julz Perri Nails
  11. Tammy at Jibber Jabber

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love this. And yes I did forget the last question oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! I'll be working on this post this week :D

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)