Friday 31 May 2013

Mare Of The Moon

Hey guys, sorry I've been so MIA, I've had a million uni assignments due at once. This is just a quick post tonight, but hopefully I'll have another post up around Wednesday once things calm down a little (who am I kidding, things won't actually calm down until after my final exam on the 12th). Anyway, this is another blue mani that I did as part of Autism Awareness Month in April, Rainbow Honey 'Mare Of The Moon'.

Full sunlight

Full sunlight

Shade

'Mare Of The Moon' is a beautiful navy blue polish with a purple duochrome shift filled with holo silver hexes and moon shaped glitters. I know that a lot of people have complained about not being able to get the moon glitters out of the bottle. I didn't have any problems getting them out, but I have to say, I think I would have liked this polish better without them. Application was smooth, except for the moon glitters. Maybe it was just my bottle, but the polish was actually stuck in clumps to the moons. I can't quite explain that one. Anyway, I used a small brush dipped in some remover to get rid of the clumps, which is why the polish coverage on some of the moons looks a little dodgy.

Bottle shot

You can purchase Rainbow Honey polishes from the Rainbow Honey website if you live in the USA and Canada, otherwise there's a list of international retailers here. If you're in Australia Femme Fatale Cosmetics also stock Rainbow Honey, but they don't seem to be on the stockist list for some reason.

2 comments:

  1. Arg, Mare of the Moon is just too pretty, isn't it! It's a little strange that the polish stuck to the moon glitter, though. Hmm. Anyway, good luck with your final! And don't feel sorry for putting your life ahead of your blog - we all totally understand that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks :) I always expect to have time to blog and then I just don't! I really should have learnt by now that I just don't have time at the end of semester. Maybe next semester I'll have the foresight to find some guest bloggers. Hmmmm...

      Delete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)