Friday 4 May 2012

Lilac Butterfly Bows

Some of you might remember back in March I bought some nail glue to use with my rhinestones, but I had some issues with removing it because I didn't have an acetone based nail polish remover? Well I bought some remover and finally got around to trying it again. Once again, here's the glue I bought: Nailene Ultra Quick . If you want to read my post from when I first tried the glue, click here.


I still stick by what I said about just sticking smaller rhinestones into your clear top coat, having the acetone based remover did help quite a bit, but there were still some small bits of glue that just refused to be removed that I had to file off. The glue does have excellent holding power for larger objects though, like these 5mm butterfly bows that I used.


Sorry for the uninteresting design, I just wanted to do something quick (still time poor thanks to my study) to try out the glue again. The polish I used is OPI's 'Do You Lilac It?' and the bows and striping tape are from ebay. Search 'bow rhinestones' and 'striping tape'. You'll have to excuse the bubbles in my top coat, it was a new bottle and I didn't anticipate it applying so thickly >.< So overall a low success rate this time, but hey, you can't win them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)