Thursday 3 January 2013

Lacy Snowcap

After doing a month's worth of Christmas nails I desperately wanted to do something pretty and girly, but I had no idea what to do. Should I attack one of my many untried indies? Do some nail art? I was torn, so figured why not do both?

Full sunlight

Full sunlight

Full sunlight

Although it's not overly obvious in my photos, my first mani of 2013 didn't quite go according to plan (I'm talking to YOU fat pink nails!). Here I used China Glaze's 'Something Sweet' with Femme Fatale's 'Shimmering Snowcap' on top, and did some stamping over Essie's 'Bikini So Teeny' with plate QA36. Unfortunately, 'Something Sweet' wasn't being so sweet. It was very thick, but runny at the same time, and just completely unmanageable resulting in fat pink nails. Not ideal. The polish is so thick that it's actually hurting my fingers :(

'Shimmering Snowcap' on the other hand is amazing! It's packed with various shapes and sizes of white glitter in both matte and satin finishes. I can see hexes, squares, diamonds, and bar glitters. There's also iridescent squares which reflect a different colour depending what they're layered over. Over the pink they appear to be a pretty blue/purple colour. This is one that every polish lover needs to own, it's extremely versatile and will look good layered over just about any base colour. Even those who aren't fans of bar glitter shouldn't despair, these ones are very manageable :)

'Shimmering Snowcap' bottle shot

'Shimmering Snowcap' can be purchased directly from Femme Fatale Cosmetics for those of you living in Australia. For those of you outside of Australia 'Shimmering Snowcap' is available from Shoppe Eclecticco. The lovely Annette from Shoppe Eclecticco has even given me a code that you can use for a discount on all purchases made from the store. Enter the code NO2PC at checkout.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! What a shame about it actually hurting you're fingers! That sucks.

    I think it's really sweet, like a baby/boy girl mani for a shower where the mumma is keeping the sex a secret :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I did think of that after I did it. I just love pastel colours ;)

      And yes I think this is the shortest lived mani I've ever had sadly. It only lasted 12 hours :( You can really see how thick it is in my angled photo though.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You definitely need to grab yourself a bottle!

      Delete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)