Thursday 15 March 2012

Mermaid's Tears

I know these nails aren't very imaginative, I just got a new polish as well as some nail glue and wanted to try them both out. The colour is OPI's 'Mermaid's Tears' from the Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides collection. It's a interesting shade, haunting yet very pretty. It looks slightly more grey in the bottle than it does on your nails.


This is the nail glue I bought: Nailene Ultra Quick. I read reviews online and it seems to rate pretty highly, plus I like the fact that it's got a brush unlike alot of glues available.

I'm still not sure if I'm a fan of nail glue. Normally if I'm using rhinestones I just stick them into my wet top coat. (If you want a tip for picking up the rhinestones easily see my previous post). I'll admit they did last longer without falling off when I used the glue as opposed to sticking them in the top coat, but maybe they stuck a little too well. Unfortunately for me I didn't read the bottle, and it suggests using a nail polish remover with acetone in it to remove the glue. I try not to use acetone based products on my nails as it dries them out, so I don't currently own an acetone based nail polish remover. I ended up having to pry the rhinestones off with tweezers and filing the excess glue off my nails. NOT RECOMMENDED. If you're using small rhinestones I'd definitely suggest just sticking them in your top coat (you'll also avoid the excess glue surrounding the rhinestones that you can see in my photo). I do have some larger bow shaped rhinestones that I'm going to try out soon that I want to use the glue for, so I'll buy some acetone based remover before then so I can let you know how that goes.

So kids, learn from my mistakes! Try to avoid nail glue unless you're using larger rhinestones that need a little extra staying power ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)