Thursday 12 July 2012

Harlequin Blues

I asked on my facebook page what colour you wanted to see in my next design. Thanks goes to Nichole for suggesting bright blue. Every time I use China Glaze's 'Frostbite' it seems to get combined with gold. This time I've used gold diamond/rhombus shaped glitter. I did this last night in a race against time as I was falling asleep, so this could have been a little neater and I apologise for that >.<


To do this I just placed the glitter pieces in to my wet top coat and then did a second coat over the top to seal them in. The glitter is another purchase from the Born Pretty Store. For around $3.70 you get a bottle of gold pieces and a bottle of silver pieces.


The bottles are about 6cm tall with a plug top that's really easy to take on and off, so even if you forget to take it off before applying your polish you shouldn't screw up your work removing the lids. In saying that though, the lids won't just fall off if you accidentally drop it or something. The glitter has a slight holographic look that isn't too overpowering. I think my favourite aspect of this glitter is that it isn't too big, so it sits flat against your nail. As long as you do a top coat over the top to seal them in the corners aren't going to catch on anything. If you want some of this glitter for yourself the link is here. There's also the option to buy just one colour and the Born Pretty Store has free shipping worldwide.

So that's it kids! I'm going away for a few days on Sunday but I'll try and sneak in another post before I leave ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I always love to hear from my subscribers :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)