Tuesday 3 July 2012

Retro Splice

Last night I learnt that sticky tape just isn't my nail design friend. This isn't what I had in mind, but I got fed up so this was the final result:


I have no tutorial for this one because it got really messy and I didn't want to get nail polish on my camera, but I started by painting my nails pink (Revlon's 'Sublime Strawberry') and letting that dry before putting triangular shaped pieces of sticky tape on my nails as a mask and painting them blue (China Glaze's 'Secret Peri-wink-le'). I then topped the blue off with glitter (OPI's 'Pirouette My Whistle'). So far so good. Then I peeled the tape off. Well that was a disaster! Half the pink ripped off and the edges of the blue became completely messed up. I fixed the edges as best I could with one of my nail art brushes, but up close it's a bit of a mess still. So no more designs involving sticky tape as a mask for me! There was supposed to be more to this design but I was grumpy with my polish so that was it! No doubt this will be another short-lived design. Bleh...

Maybe I'll try something simple next time. My success is very hit and miss these days ;)

P.S. I've entered my Sugar and Spice design into a nail art competition. If you guys could click here and vote for me it would be much appreciated :)

2 comments:

  1. That is a far better attempt at tape work than I've ever managed! I love how this looks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm such a perfectionist so the slightest bump or wonky line annoys the hell out of me haha. It probably isn't really as bad as I make out!

      Delete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)